Saturday, January 8, 2011

PHANOM RUNG

PHONOM RUNG

Phonom Rung is a temple which was built between the 10th and 13th century in Buriram, Thailand.  It is a Hindu Shrine which was dedicated to Shiva.




IT ALWAYS AMAZES ME WHEN I SEE VERY OLD SHRINES



ABOUT A 20 MINUTE WALK UP!


SOME FRIENDS WHO WERE HAPPY TO WAIT DOWNSTAIRS



ABOUT HALFWAY UP. AS A FOREIGNER I AM ALWAYS SURROUNDED BY YOUNG KIDS WHO THINK I AM A NOVELTY!   I GUESS I AM!


FINALLY THERE!


THE ENTRANCE


THERE ARE ABOUT FOUR POOLS ON OPPOSING SIDES


WITH AN ASPIRING MODEL!

MY BODYGUARDS
RELIEFS  1






RELIEFS 2

RELIEFS 3


6 comments:

  1. Those pictures are lovely! A 20 minute walk upwards! I'd wait downstair too lol

    Alice

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so funny. Towards the end of the walk a couple of high school kids flanked me and made sure I was not going to fall down. When we finally reached the top I thanked them and then sat down a started to laugh. The two kids asked me if I was ok, and I said yeah, I just didn't realize I was old until those stairs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ill try to post again. this was great as usual. thanks rich. ive been away cause so sick. btw, had a much better post before but didnt work hope this one does. hugs, bon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi bon,

    Sorry you are not feeling well. I just lit a stick of incense and put it on my altar for you. In fact, I think that will be my post today...part of my Buddha collection.

    ReplyDelete
  5. trying to find the new one? thanks rich. hugs, bon

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is right under the archives but here it is:

    http://unusualcooking.blogspot.com/

    I think it is a lot of fun...but I guess I better or no one else will either! LOL

    ReplyDelete